Jobs for teachers and support staff from Australia, Canada and Ireland
From paying for your flight to helping you find somewhere to live, we are experienced in helping teachers from overseas find teaching jobs in England.
We support you with each stage of your job search
UCM Recruitment understands the stress of making a move to the UK to start a new teaching role and we are here to support your whole journey.
As well as finding you a great teaching job, UCM Recruitment:
- Pays for the cost of your international flight (terms & conditions apply)
- Takes you out for lunch to help you settle in upon your arrival
- Assists with your property search
Are you looking for one of these teaching roles?
We offer great teaching roles in Greater London and the Home Counties (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, and Sussex), and Liverpool.
- Primary School Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
- Special Needs Teacher
- Supply, substitute or permanent teaching work
Requirements to teach in the UK
- Be legally entitled to work in the UK (have a valid UK Visa).
- Be a fully qualified teacher (Bachelor degree, Diploma of Education or Higher Diploma in Education) from a recognised training institution. Early childhood teachers require a 3 or 4 year Bachelor degree. You will need to provide your original teaching qualification.
- Have a valid passport.
- Provide an updated CV including details of at least 2 referees who have seen you teach within the last 2 years.
- Provide an updated original police clearance from your country of origin and from any other countries you have resided in for more than 6 months since the age of 18.
- Obtain an enhanced CRB (UK police check).
- Provide 2 X passport sized photos.
- Have proof of your current address (bank statement or utility / phone bill).
As well as being eligible to work in the UK, internationally trained teachers from Australia, Canada and Ireland will need to have a fully recognised qualification as well as registration from their country of origin.
Visas for teachers from Ireland
Teachers trained and qualified in Ireland can apply for QTS once they are fully registered with the Irish Teaching Council. It is expected that you will need to complete a certain number of hours in the classroom following your training to achieve this.
Once you have arrived in the UK from abroad, there are certain things that will be imperative for you. UCM Recruitment have put together a few important items for you, including some hints and tips, and where to go.
When our teachers arrive from Australia, Canada and Ireland, your first task will be to navigate from the airport to your next destination.
Travel & transport
Transport links in the UK are excellent, especially in London where we have our head office. London has an extensive transport system, with most people utilising the underground rail network, otherwise known as the Tube, British Rail, buses and taxis. Details of transport in both London and Liverpool can be found below.
International Dialling Codes
Having a mobile phone in the UK is very important, and will also ensure we can get in touch with you as and when required. Please find outlined below 5 of the largest mobile suppliers within the UK.
When dialling from the UK, here are some international dial codes you may need:
- Australia – 0061
- Canada – 001
- Ireland – 00353
Alternatively, you can use Skype for free international video calls abroad to your friends and family.
The large supermarkets in the UK are Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Larger international supermarkets available are Aldi and Lidl.