Jobs for teachers and support staff from Australia, Canada and Ireland
From paying for your flight to helping you find somewhere to live, we are experienced in helping teachers from overseas find teaching jobs in England.
We support you with each stage of your job search
Moving to work in another country is a big decision. We understand the the stress involved in making the move to the UK to start a new teaching job, and we will support your whole journey.
As well as finding you a great teaching job, we will:
- Pay for the cost of your international flight (terms & conditions apply)
- Take you out for lunch to help you settle in when you arrive
- Assist with your property search
Are you looking for one of these teaching roles?
We find great teaching positions in Greater London and the Home Counties (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey and Sussex).
- Primary school teacher
- Secondary school teacher
- Special Needs teacher
- Supply, substitute or permanent teaching work
Requirements to teach in the UK
- Be legally entitled to work in the UK and have a valid UK visa.
- Be a fully-qualified teacher with a Bachelor degree, Diploma of Education or Higher Diploma in Education from a recognised training institution. Early Childhood teachers require a 3- or 4-year Bachelor degree. You will need to provide your original teaching qualification certificate.
- Have a valid passport.
- Provide an updated CV, including details of at least two referees who have seen you teach within the last two years.
- Provide an up-to-date original police clearance from your country of origin and from any other countries you have resided in for more than six months since the age of 18.
- Obtain an enhanced CRB (UK police check).
- Provide two passport-sized photos.
- Provide proof of your current address (bank statement or utility / phone bill).
Once you have arrived in the UK from abroad, there are certain things that will be imperative for you to know or deal with urgently. UCM Recruitment have put together a few important items for you, including some hints and tips, and information about where to go.
As well as being eligible to work in the UK, internationally-trained teachers from Australia, Canada and Ireland will also need to have a full- recognised qualification and registration from their country of origin.
Visas for teachers from Ireland
Teachers trained and qualified in Ireland can apply for QTS once they are fully registered with the Irish Teaching Council. It is expected that you will need to complete a certain number of hours in the classroom following your training to achieve this.
Travel & transport
When our teachers arrive from Australia, Canada and Ireland, the first task will be to navigate from the airport to your next destination.
Transport links in the UK are excellent, especially in London where the UCM Recruitment head office is located. London has an extensive transport system, including the underground rail network, otherwise known as the “”Tube””, British Rail overground trains, buses and taxis. Details of transportation options in London are given below.
Accommodation UCM Recruitment will assist all of our international teachers with finding accommodation when you arrive. Alternatively, you could look at the following websites to find a property in London or the Home Counties (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey and Sussex).
Having a mobile phone in the UK is very important, and it will also ensure we can get in touch with you when we need to. The following are 5 of the largest mobile suppliers in the UK.
When dialling from the UK, here are some international dialing codes you may need:
- Australia – 0061
- Canada – 001
- Ireland – 00353
Alternatively, you can use Skype, WhatsApp or Messenger for free international video calls abroad to your friends and family.
The large supermarkets in the UK are Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Larger international supermarkets available are Aldi and Lidl.